Iran has been on the spotlight for last four decades and has absorbed more attention than before since the United states’ Donald Trump withdrew from the nuclear deal. This Western Asian country has been known through history for its geopolitical position at the crossroad of civilizations.
In modern history, Iran has turned into an island of stability and a regional power in a volatile region rich of energy. As a religious democracy, the Islamic Republic of Iran has a unique ruling structure which is quite difficult for foreign observers to realize its power dynamics.
Therefore, the Peace Sprit Foundation is offering “Summer Course on Iran Politics” to provide a unique opportunity for students, researchers and practitioners of politics to meet with academicians and politicians in Iran and to learn in details about political dynamics in the Islamic Republic.
Topics (what you will learn):
– Iranian Constitution: History and Evolution
– Political and Religious Leadership in Iran
– Knowing Islamic Ruling Bodies: Guardian Council, Assembly of Experts and Expediency Council
– Elections in Iran
– Dynamics of Power among Power Branches
– Foreign Policy and Regional Policy of Iran
– Human Rights in Iran
– Political Parties in Iran
– Media in Iran
(A few topics might be subject to change)
Who should participate?
This course can benefit anyone who is interested in knowing more about Iran, including but not limited to, university students of majors such as Politics, International Relations, Iranian Studies, and Middle East Studies, as well as researchers or journalists.
1-7 September 2018
– 18-35 years old for students (ages above 35 will be considered on a case-by-case exception review); up to 45 years old for researchers and journalists.
– Open to any country whose nationals can obtain visa to travel to Iran.
Nationals from most of countries can easily obtain visa upon arrival. Travelers from other countries need to apply for visa prior to their trips. To check visa status click HERE.
(Participation of passport holders form the United Kingdom, the United States and Canada will be possible if they can obtain a visa which requires registration with a tour agency.)
– Current students or graduates of political sciences, international relations, Iranian studies, Middle East studies or similar majors.
– Or journalists and researchers who are currently working with a media or research organization in similar areas.
– Good command of English (Meetings and courses will be in English).
– Flights to and from Tehran will be covered by participants.
– Tuition: €800 including accommodation, domestic transportation, meals and course fees.
– Accommodations will be in twin bedrooms in hotel.
A limited number of tuition waiver scholarships are available for significant applications if needed.
Interested applicants should fill the application form in the link below:
22 August 2018, Midnight Tehran time.