Iran has been on the spotlight for last four decades and has absorbed more attention than before since the United states’ Donald Trump withdrew from the nuclear deal. This Western Asian country has been known through history for its geopolitical position at the crossroad of civilizations.
In modern history, Iran has turned into an island of stability and a regional power in a volatile region rich of energy. As a religious democracy, the Islamic Republic of Iran has a unique ruling structure which is quite difficult for foreign observers to realize its power dynamics.
Therefore, the Peace Sprit Foundation is offering “Short Course on Iran Politics” to provide a unique opportunity for students, researchers and practitioners of politics to meet with academicians and politicians in Iran and to learn in details about political dynamics in the Islamic Republic.
The itinerary is tentative and is subject to change.
This course can benefit anyone who is interested in knowing more about Iran, including but not limited to, university students of majors such as Politics, International Relations, Iranian Studies, and Middle East Studies, as well as researchers or journalists.
- 18-35 years old for student; up to 45 years old for researchers and journalists.
- ages above 35 will be considered on a case-by-case exception review
- Open to any country whose nationals can obtain visa to travel to Iran.
- Nationals from most of countries can easily obtain visa upon arrival. Travelers from other countries need to apply for visa prior to their trips. Participation of passport holders form the United Kingdom, the United States and Canada will be possible if they can obtain a visa which requires registration with a tour agency.
- Current students or graduates of political sciences, international relations, Iranian studies, Middle East studies or similar majors.
- Or journalists and researchers who are currently working with a media or research organization in similar areas.
- Good command of English (Meetings and courses will be in English)
- Tuition fee is €1,100 which includes:
- meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner
- airport transfer
- domestic transportation
- course fees
- Accommodations will be in twin bedrooms in 4-star hotel.
- International flights to and from Tehran and possible visa fees will be covered by participants.
- A number of tuition waiver scholarships are available for significant applications.
- Early bird registrations until November 11 Midnight Tehran time (20:30 GMT): €1,000
- Groups of more than 3 persons from same university or organization: each €1,000
Date of Course:
21-31 December 2018
Early bird registration:
November 11 Midnight Tehran time (20:30 GMT)
10 December 2018